[mythtv-users] Spilt Myth mailing list?

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Sun Feb 15 08:55:00 EST 2004

Henk Poley wrote:

>I'm rather sure, even without looking, that for example those 2 hits, that
>show up by default, from the mailinglists for "mythtv pvr250" aren't going
>to help you if you would have a problem with your PVR 250. Since the
>problem discussed there is just one of the many other possible problems.

But my point is that if they follow one of those links they're brought
the official mailing list archive.  And there's a nice "search" button
at the top of it to help you find the answers to your real question.

It's about basic computer skills.  If you don't have them, you have no
business trying to install MythTV from scratch, either follow something
like Jarrods guide, or buy a Tivo.  If you want to build your skills and
learn then great!  But you need to learn to crawl before you can run.
If you can't find basic information on the net, you need to figure out
how to do so before trying to tackle something as daunting as Linux /
MythTV.

Don't get me wrong here.  I'm not bashing newbies in any way shape or
form.  Everyone started out as a newbie at some point.  What I am
bashing are *clueless* newbies.  Those that can't be bothered to try and
help themselves.