[mythtv-users] PVR-350 TVout vs. Live TV A/B comparison

Mike Morris mikemyth at subether.com
Sat Feb 14 22:52:26 EST 2004

Hi,

I'm curious if others with a PVR350 have done A/B comparisons between
recorded and live tv.  When I do a split screen with Myth on one side and
live tv on the other (same channel, myth side is delayed a few seconds
obviously), the myth / PVR output is slightly darker, and noticeably less
sharp. I've never seen the same video source live side by side with an mpeg
encoded / decoded version, so I want to make sure the level of degradation
is normal.

My configuration is:  Motorola DCT-2200 cable box RF output directly into
TV;  DCT-2200 composite video out into the S-Video in of the PVR using the
supplied adapter.  S-video output from the PVR to S-video input on the TV.

Just wondering if my results are comparable with others, or if there is any
way to improve the picture quality. Or maybe I should just be happy I have
the TVout on the PVR working perfectly. :)

Thanks!

- Mike