[mythtv-users] Voodoo3 3500 TV? anyone?

Ray Olszewski ray at comarre.com
Sat Feb 14 22:39:23 EST 2004

At 08:51 PM 2/14/2004 -0500, John Kuhn wrote:
>I aquired this Voodoo3 3500 TV card.. and I know very little about it.. it
>has a breakout box and on board tv tuner.. does anyone know if it will
>work for a mythtv box? as in.. will the tvout and tvin work along with X
>working?
>
>poking around google isnt turning up much for me
>
>thanks for any input

How exactly did you "poke" around Google? I entered "Voodoo 3500 Linux",
and the first hit was to a Debian mailing-list message that in turn pointed
me to this project --

         http://v3tv.sourceforge.net/

It appears to be the right place to get you started using this card with
Linux and X, at least. Since this card uses neither the bttv nor the ivtv
module, I'd suspect it does not work with Myth ... but I could easily be
wrong about that part, and if so others here will correct me.