[mythtv-users] Live tv freezing when OSD disapears

Harley Cole-Puls cole0103 at flinders.edu.au
Sat Feb 14 20:16:48 EST 2004

Gday,

I am having a problem with Live tv freezing when the OSD dissapears. This only
happens on Channel 10 (Adelaide, South Australia) all other channels are fine.
A recurrent error message is printed to the console,

2004-02-15 11:28:42 RemoteFile::Read() failed in RingBuffer::safe_read().
QSocketDevice::writeBlock: Invalid socket
2004-02-15 11:28:42 Error writing stringlist
ASSERT: "i <= nodes" in /usr/qt/3/include/qvaluelist.h (372)

My hardware setup is Nova-t, M10000, WD800jb, 512mb Ram, DVD-burner.

I checked through the archives and i think this problem was caused by qt3.1, but
as far as i know i am running qt3.2 (i am runing gentoo). Is there a way to fix
this, or just a way to turn off the OSD after you change channels (I always use
browse mode, i do not need the osd to hang around - and yes i have tried
changing the delay to 0, to no avail).

Everything else on my mythtv setup is working fine :-), except for minor issues
with overscan and X and epia-M

Hope someone can help, Yours Sincerely

Harley Cole-Puls