[mythtv-users] PUNDIT High-CPU watching TV - Fixed

Paul Volkaerts paul.volkaerts at lineone.net
Sat Feb 14 18:14:54 EST 2004

Enable it my building the kernel with the option in.

So: run make menuconfig to configure your linux kernel and under "Processor
Type" there is an option called MTRR (Memory Type Range Register); which
defaults to OFF at least on Debian installs.

Hitting HELP here defines MTRR as ... "allows bus transfers to be combined
into a large transfer before bursting over the PCI/AGP bus".

Makes a BIG difference!