[mythtv-users] new mythtv-users archive..

Andrew Dodd atd7 at cornell.edu
Sat Feb 14 16:58:33 EST 2004

Quoting David Jeske <jeske at chat.net>:

> P.S. - It would be nice if we had polls so we could more effeciently
> query the group. In the interest of casting my vote: I use a modern
> mail client and very much prefer email delivery to web forums.
Polls would be very nice.

I figured out how to enable threaded sorting in IMP...  I don't see what the big
deal is.  If anything, using threaded mode slows me down.  I still spend nearly
an hour a day or more wading through Myth mail because the list is so
disorganized and has no inherent categorization.

Meanwhile, over on asog.net, I have no fear of seeing "1789 posts have been made
since your last visit" - Because I can safely ignore 2/3 of the categories, and
can prioritize the others, even when there were 1789 posts, it took me less than
30 minutes to catch up.  Despite ASOG (and almost every other forum I frequent)
each having traffic far in excess of the Myth list, the total time I spend
catching up on forums is less than I spend on the Myth list alone, simply
because of the organizational benefits they have.