[mythtv-users] Adding PVR-250 to already existing PVR-350 system

Michael Starks mythtv at michaelstarks.com
Sat Feb 14 12:50:55 EST 2004

I've searched the archives and FAQ and am not quite clear on this..

I added a PVR-250 to my system. Initially, X bitched about not being
able to find /dev/fb0 but switching slots fixed that.  I ran mythtvsetup
to add the second card but am a bit unclear as to what the settings for
the addition card should be.  Right now it is set for the hardware MPEG
decoder, video1 (not quite sure if this is right--the 350 is video0) and
tuner0.  Thinking logically it seemed that there should be a tuner1
option since this is an additional tuner but there is not, so I bound it
to tuner0.  I have a cabletv video source bound to both video0 and video1.

I tried going into LiveTV and pressing 'C' but it doesn't change
anything and simply puts up 'tuner 0' on the screen.  Looking at
another's module.conf with a similar setup, I added 'alias
char-major-81-1 ivtv' Here is the full modules.conf.

path[toplevel]=/lib/modules/`uname -r`/updates
# default path
path[toplevel]=/lib/modules/`uname -r`
# This is for WinTV PVR-350 IVTV
alias char-major-61 lirc_i2c
alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
alias char-major-81-1 ivtv
options ivtv ivtv_debug=1 mpg_buffers=90
options ivtv dec_yuv_buffers=20
#type=2 for NTSC only
options tuner type=2
options saa7127 enable_output=1 output_select=0
options msp3400 once=1 simple=1
add below ivtv msp3400 saa7115 saa7127 tuner
add above ivtv lirc_dev lirc_i2c
add above ivtv ivtv-fb
# The following line is for the ethernet controller
alias eth0 e100
# The following line is for the usb controller
alias usb-controller usb-ohci
# --- BEGIN: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---
# --- ALSACONF verion 1.0.0rc2 ---
alias char-major-116 snd
alias char-major-14 soundcore
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss
alias snd-card-0 ymfpci
alias sound-slot-0 ymfpci
# --- END: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---