[mythtv-users] Spilt Myth mailing list?

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Sat Feb 14 12:04:58 EST 2004

Henk Poley wrote:

>Hmm, yes I see the problem of "the never ending splitup". It's just that I
>have the feeling that most people who are using MythTV live in the US, so
>non-US posts get dropped sometimes (or even bashed: "That's not my
>problem!").

It's NOT a USA vs. other countries issue.  It's about itches.

Development of MythTV is done by the developers FOR the developers.  If
a particular issue is important enough to a developer to sit down and
write code for it then it gets dealt with.  If it's not then it
doesn't.  If you want more non-US features, then get some non-US
developers involved.  As long as their code is decent, and doesn't
change things in a dramatic way for the existing users (developers) then
Isaac will more than likely incorporate patches that help non-US users out.

It may seem rude but if you REALLY want something done you either a)
submit a patch or b) learn to deal with disappointment.