[mythtv-users] Spilt Myth mailing list?

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Sat Feb 14 11:58:30 EST 2004

Henk Poley wrote:

>>Van: J. Donavan Stanley <jdonavan at jdonavan.net>
>>
>>Hell GOOGLE turns up hits into the mythtv mailing list archive for a lot
>>of the FAQs on this list.
>>

>I don't know about your 'google skillz', but google isn't really up to
>finding things in mailinglist archives, since it will 'implode' search
>results to only 2 results by default, and it sorts more or less by 'link
>rank' which is virtualy non-existant in mail archives.

Google searches:

"mythtv" - Mailing list archive is # 6 on the list.
"mythtv pvr250" - mailing list is #3 on the list
"mythtv pvr350" - mailing list is #3 on the list
"mythtv tv out" - mailing list is #5 on the list.
"mythtv distro" -  mailing list is #3 on the list
"mythtv sound" " - mailing list is #3 on the list

What mad skillz with google one needs to find answers within the mailing
list archives?  People aren't even trying to find answers for
themselves.  It's easier to just ask a question then sit back and wait
for an answer than it is to be proactive.

What we REALLY need is an official FAQ more than anything else.