[mythtv-users] Myth menu navigation slow after using XMame in MythGame

Andrew Dodd atd7 at cornell.edu
Fri Feb 13 19:00:30 EST 2004

Quoting Kristo Kriechbaum <klk+myth at robotics.caltech.edu>:

> On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 03:24:04PM -0500, Isaac Richards wrote:

> time

> > > Are you running a local or remote frontend by any chance?
> > >
> > > When I run a remote frontend on my laptop, some menu navigation (not
> all)
> > > is ALWAYS slow.  For example, it takes 1-2 seconds to move onto/off of
> the
> > > "Watch Recordings" menu item in the TV menu.
> >
> > I can't see how local/remote would have anything to do with menu
> > navigation -- it's not touching the backend for anything there.
>
> Are you running mythfrontend on your laptop, or are you sshing into
> some other machine, and running mythfrontend (over the network) from
> there?
>
> If you are not running it on the local machine, I would expect it to
> always be slow like that.
I'm running it on the laptop itself.  The only thing that is remote is the backend.

The menu pauses for 1-2 seconds before highlighting the "Watch Recordings" or
"Delete recordings" entries.  (Just by moving over them, not selecting them and
going to the watch recordings or delete recordings screen.)

I've confirmed via increasing the verbosity level and adding some extra
debugging VERBOSE() entries that WriteStringList/ReadStringList protocol
activity is not associated with the menu items.

I don't know about DB activity yet.