[mythtv-users] good, full ATX, HTPC cases

Tony Maro tony at maro.net
Fri Feb 13 09:54:28 EST 2004

J. Donavan Stanley wrote:
> mark wrote:
>
>> On Thursday 12 February 2004 01:32 pm, Franco wrote:
>>

>> Personally, I don't know why anyone would spend $200 for a computer
>> case, no matter how cool it looked, so I bought a $29 case from
>> Directron, that's a full ATX desktop case, black, and pretty high
>> quality.  No power supply, though.  Fits very nicely in the
>> entertainment center, and blends in with the other equipment.  I might
>> have spent more money on it if I was shining lights
>> on the system and trying to brag about it or something, but that
>> wasn't the plan... :)

Sounds like the case I bought yesterday branded CompUSA.  Except with a
corporate account (all you need is a business card to set it up, and
then pay by cash or plastic) I got it for $22.  It looks just like my
JVC receiver when the glass door is shut.  I made the mistake of hooking
up the HDD LED though, and ended up covering it with a piece of black
tape until I get around to removing it from the entertainment center
again so I can open it back up ;-)

> Personally I bought mine D.Vine 5 because it was the nicest looking case
> I'd found, and it was all aluminum construction.  $200 isn't a lot of
> money...

For you maybe...  I have 4 kids!

-Tony