[mythtv-users] Myth not recording

Kenneth Aafløy ke-aa at frisurf.no
Thu Feb 12 10:51:52 EST 2004

On Thursday 12 February 2004 16:20, rick bradshaw wrote:
> "Mark Thomas" <msthomas at fastmail.fm> writes:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I am having an issue with my current setup, and was wondering if anyone
> > else has experienced the same/knows of a fix...
> >
> > I am running 2 USB DVB devices (a Nova-T, and a Dec-2000t), and am having
> > issues with scheduled recordings. Both cards work fine - for TV viewing,
> > for example I can do picture in picture, so I know both are functioning.
> > The issue is with scheduled recordings - After starting mythbackend, the
> > first scheduled recording will take place, however no further ones do,
> > not until I recycle mythbackend.
> >
> > Has anyone else seen this problem/know of a fix? I'm running a cvs pull
> > from 8th Feb.

Sounds like a driver problem, but you could try the 'Open DVB Card on demand'
option under advanced config. Have you checked on the linuxtv.org
mailinglists? As far as I know, the USB DVB devices are experimental.

> Mark,
>         I am having pretty much the same issues. My machine will
> record one show sometimes, unless it locks up during that, but even
> when the recordings suceed, they are all screwed up the sound is way
> out of sync or even the data is so corrupt that it hangs the frontend
> while playing. I am using the unstable debian packages which I just
> installed on Saturday.

What hardware? Sounds like you have either DMA or PCI Latency issues, have you
tried both latest CVS DVB and CVS dvb-kernel? Could you try the board in
another computer to verify this? Also, have you checked the linuxtv.org
mailing list?

--

Kenneth
ke-aa at frisurf.no