[mythtv-users] Channel: '0' was not found in the database - DESPERATE

Laszlo O'Vari laszlo at ov.homelinux.net
Thu Feb 12 08:28:33 EST 2004

mythtv 0.14/RedHat9 with FlyVideo 3000/SAA7134, based on Jarod's guide.
When I try to change channel, I get this in the backend log:

    ASSERT: "i <= nodes" in /usr/lib/qt-3.1/include/qvaluelist.h (372)
    Channel: '0' was not found in the database.
    Most likely, the default channel set for this input (1 TV (mono
only) ) in setup is wrong

and a few lines later:

    CheckChannel failed. Please verify channel "" in the "setup" Channel
Editor.

On the screen I get tv guide info, but no channel change.

I am trying to find out what is wrong. Mythfilldatabase seem to have
done its job OK.

I checked the sql query in CheckChannel in tv_rec.cpp (line 1092 - that
is the only CheckChannel
routine I could find) to see what it expects to find in the database.
 From what I saw, the contents of my channel, capturecard and cardinput
tables look OK, but I could not get the actual input values of the
query. And I suspect that the error messages are generated somewhere
else - but I can not find where.

Can anyone give me ideas what else I could check? Or where I could place
some more detailed
trace info to find out what is wrong?

I've been trying to fix this for 3 weeks with no progress whatsoever.

Thanks

Laszlo