[mythtv-users] Media monitor hanging frontend

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Wed Feb 11 14:12:06 EST 2004

Joseph A. Caputo wrote:

>On Wednesday 11 February 2004 12:10, J. Donavan Stanley wrote:
>

>>Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
>>

>>>Has anybody seen this (running CVS from 2/09)?
>>>
>>>If I insert a CD (I think DVD also), it hangs the frontend.
>>>mythfrontend spits out messages from the media monitor indicating it
>>>detected MEDIASTAT_OPEN, MEDIASTAT_CLOSED, and MEDIASTAT_USEABLE,
>>>then it says "Found handler...", then... frozen.  I have to kill
>>>mythfrontend at that point.  The frontend was at the main menu at
>>>the time; it also happened when I was in the mythmusic main menu.
>>>
>>>I'm going to try running it through gdb tonight to see where it's
>>>hanging, but has anyone else seen this?
>>>

>>Hmmm the next step after having found a handler is to perform a jump
>>using the jump point code.  Is it possible your MythMusic is out of
>>sync with the rest of MythTV?
>>

>I don't think so... I always upgrade everything at once (first build &
>install mythtv, then build & install plugins).
>
>I've never used the jumppoints before, so I wonder if I've got something
>screwy?  Regardless, I'll run it through gdb if I get a chance tonight
>& see what's going on.

Well technicaly it's not the jump points themselves that get used, but a
work alike section of code.   But once it's found a handler it sets the
exiting to main menu flag and the callback from the handler (which is
the same callback used by the jump map).

I've almost finished transitioning over to my spiffy new 200g harddrive
(thanks to whoever posted about that by the way).  Once that's done and
I've updated my partition  backups I'll see if I can cause it to hang.