[mythtv-users] fanless nvidia modification

Kevin Chmilar kevin at chmilar.org
Wed Feb 11 11:43:24 EST 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-10 at 20:14, ian at duckland.org wrote:
> Over the last couple of days I've come to realize that some nvidia cards
> don't come with onboard fans.  All three of mine do.  Someone mentioned
> that one can obtain a heatsink mod for NVidia cards.  Anyone got any idea
> where they're sold?  My Myth box is just toooo loud...

I just unplugged the fan on my nvidia card and have been running like
that for 6 months.  My theory is that if I'm not pushing thousands of
texture-mapped polygons through it every second, it's probably not going
to heat up much.  Myth is all 2D graphics, which is a pretty light load
on the graphics card.

cheers,
kevin