[mythtv-users] Spilt Myth mailing list?

Jeff Monks mythtv at skunkeye.com
Wed Feb 11 11:35:04 EST 2004

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004, J. Donavan Stanley wrote:

> Oh PLEASE the link to the searchable archives is five measly words from
> the link to sign up for the mailing lists.  If you miss it you're not
> RTFM to begin with.

Yeah, but if you're a newbie, and you have a question, where are you going
to look - the link labeled "Documentation" or the link labeled "General
Info / Lists" and scroll to the bottom of the page?  I'm not saying the
link isn't there, I'm just saying that it could be more visible.

I know there's a link in the documentation, too - but it's under the
heading "How to obtain this document" - a link nobody who's looking at the
page will ever click (since they've already obtained the document).
Simply adding a section "1.1  Mailing Lists/Getting Help" to the
docs might cut down on the number of repeated newbie questions.