[mythtv-users] Where to place satellite receiver?

Mike Jasper e394td at comcast.net
Wed Feb 11 02:32:31 EST 2004

>>What if you have multiple frontends?  Is a single satellite receiver
>>hooked into the backend sufficient to handle two or more PVR-250s that
>>might be operating simultaneously?
>

> You need one receiver for each PVR-250 that is operating because the
> Satellite receiver is what tunes and decodes the channel for you. In this
> case you'll really just use the PVR-250's S-Video input and control the
> receiver with some sort of external tuner script (configurable in Myth).

Thanks.  What if the receiver has two tuners?  I'm thinking of the Dish
322 (picture of rear at
http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Products/Dishnetwork/Receivers/DISH_322_back.jpg
), wondering if it could provide input to two PVR-250s simultaneously.
What's not clear to me is whether you need to have two dishes attached
before you can use the two tuners.  Also, it appears to only have one
S-video out...