[mythtv-users] Spilt Myth mailing list?

Scott Nicholson mythtv at scottnic.com
Tue Feb 10 21:39:04 EST 2004

> I won't officially endorse a forum.  I am considering an -offtopic list,
> though.
>
> Count the people posting in this thread that are for a forum, and those
> against.  I make it out to roughly 4:1 against.

It's not quite that slanted. Counting unique posters (rather than individual
posts, as those against forums seem to be more vocal) I get 7 in favor of
forums, 14 against, two indifferent (one of which might have implied a
slight preference for the list) and two who did not express a preference at
all.

So that's 2:1 against.

Which still means the "lists" win over the "forums". Especially since the
man in charge and many of who appear to be the most prolific and informative
posters are firmly entrenched in the "list" camp.

So I'll graciously concede defeat, with one final suggestion: Explicitly
state somewhere that the mail list is the only official support community
and that there is not and never will be an official forum. Maybe that'd keep
threads like this from popping up as frequently as it is indicated they do.
(I'm new enough to the list that this is the first one I've seen.)

I will leave the forum I set up running (www.mythtvforum.net) for at least a
year, since I've got the domain for that long anyway. If it gets used,
great. If not, oh well.

Scott

---