[mythtv-users] Spilt Myth mailing list?

steve at nexusuk.org steve at nexusuk.org
Tue Feb 10 16:02:53 EST 2004

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004, Chris Petersen wrote:

> Yeah.  Because a couple hundred k of messages daily is a lot of space.
> Any why archive?  That's what gossamer-threads is doing.

My mythtv-users archive for the past for months is all of 50 meg.  I
almost never refer back to messages older than a week though.  IMHO if
people have trouble keeping that kind of data size they're going to have
real problems running a PVR that sucks up over a gig of HD space an hour
:)

> Time to start using IMAP.

Indeed...  also, the Outluck users seem to view PINE as a poor-man's mail
client, but I use it for reading all my mail - it supports threading and
works quickly over SSH... maybe the Outluck users should actually
investigate PINE (which is actually available for windows).

--

 - Steve                                             http://www.nexusuk.org/