[mythtv-users] Spilt Myth mailing list?

steve at nexusuk.org steve at nexusuk.org
Tue Feb 10 15:57:50 EST 2004

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004, Kevin Kuphal wrote:

> You will have people on both sides who either don't like forums or don't
> like email lists but one provides guaranteed compatibility to all users
> regardless of their personal setup and one doesn't.

I for one do not have the time to bother using a forum - email is much
quicker, and I can use email from both home and work (since I'm always
SSHed into my home server when I'm at work).

If we have a forum I think you will find that most of the people who _can_
help people with their problems will avoid using it and you'll end up with
a forum with lots of people asking questions and getting no answers.
Meanwhile the existing mailing list will get a reduced amount of traffic
(hey, I don't mind not having to read as much :)  However, I for one hope
that new users will come back to the mailing list rather than being put
off the project entirely.

--

 - Steve                                             http://www.nexusuk.org/