[mythtv-users] XF86Config, pvr350 & TV-out

Scott Francis scott.francis at newisys.com
Tue Feb 10 14:02:29 EST 2004

I had the blinking white cursor issue also when I was doing my install and trying to get TVOUT going.  The problem that I had was that I didn't copy the XF86Config correctly (and didn't have the Monitor device that defined the TV).  From what I found out (the hard way) is you'll get the blinking white cursor if there are any incorrectly defined XF86Config options.

I would start with looking at the TVOUTHowTo on the ivtv Wiki ( http://ivtv.writeme.ch/tiki-index.php?page=TvOutHowto).  Cut and paste their config (line by line) into yours.  The only thing that you should have to change is to make sure is that your frame buffer is the correct one (usually fb0 or fb1).  Go thru the tests on the page and it's which ever one shows the live TV via command line.

Do your reboot and see if that doesn't fix things.  If you are still having options make sure that ivtv isn't having any issues when it's being loaded.  This can be seen in the log files or if you still have your monitor plugged up I think it's displayed there.

Hope that helps.

Scott