[mythtv-users] XF86Config, pvr350 & TV-out

Dan Boger mythtv at peeron.com
Tue Feb 10 13:57:21 EST 2004

On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 10:17:07AM -0800, Roger Obando wrote:
>    I know that this subject has probably been beaten to death but I
>    have a problem with mine that I can't seem to find on the threads.
>    I started messing with my XF86Config file to see if I could get the
>    TVout on my pvr350 working. I've included my newest attempt at an
>    XF86Config file here.
>
>    When I use this my machine's display locks up when X should start.
>    The good news is that I do get a blinking white cursor on my TV
>    though. Anybody have any ideas?

I've seen that when I tried to set up the TV out as an additional
display on my mythbox.  Once I set it to be the only one (per
instructions links from Jarod's howto), everything works ok.  Here's the
relevant parts of the XF86Config:

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "Default Layout"
#       Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
#       Screen      1  "Screen1" LeftOf "Screen0"
        Screen      0  "Screen1" 0 0
        InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier  "NTSC"
        HorizSync  30-68
        VertRefresh 50-120
        Mode "720x480"
          # D: 34.563 MHz, H: 37.244 kHz, V: 73.897 Hz
          DotClock 34.564
          HTimings 720 752 840 928
          VTimings 480 484 488 504
          Flags    "-HSync" "-VSync"
        EndMode
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "PVR350"
        Driver      "fbdev"

        ### change fb0 to whatever your card grabbed
        Option      "fbdev" "/dev/fb0"

        ### change the busid to whatever is reported by lspci. Note that
        ### output of lspci is hex, so add a preceding "0x" to the BusID
        BusID "0:0x10:0"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier  "Screen1"