[mythtv-users] Re: Using this dirt cheap mobo for a MythTV box

Brian_Meehan at Nexpress.com Brian_Meehan at Nexpress.com
Tue Feb 10 13:42:04 EST 2004

> When I finally build a MythTV box, I want it to be standalone and
> hooked up solely to my TV,... is there anyway to use the VGA output
> to get a RCA/S-Video/Component signal to the TV?

Sure! There are 2 main accessories. The Audio Authority 9A60 and the RCA
VHDC300

http://www.pacificcable.com/Picture_Page.asp?DataName=9A60 (about $110)
http://www.yourdigitalhome.com/rcavhvgatoco.html ($114?)

I bought mine at Spectravox (the RCA) for $82.11 shipped. They also have
them in-store at Fry's for $99. Just froogle it.

It outputs Y Pb Pr component into my Onkyo TX-SR700 reciever, and then into
my Sony KZ-42TS2 at 1080i, using the XF86ConfigHD from Jarod's guide. It
looks stunning!

-Brian
 IMPORTANT NOTICE:
The information in this email is confidential and proprietary to NexPress
Solutions LLC and may be legally privileged.  It is for the intended
recipient(s) named above only.  Any unauthorized review, printing, copying,

use or distribution of this email by anyone else is prohibited and may be a

criminal offense.  If you have received this email in error, please notify
the
sender immediately by reply email and delete the original message.