[mythtv-users] Spilt Myth mailing list?

Malcolm mythtv at lds.dyndns.org
Tue Feb 10 13:07:08 EST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: <steve at nexusuk.org>
To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2004 11:45 AM
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Spilt Myth mailing list?

> On Tue, 10 Feb 2004, Andrew Dodd wrote:
>
> > > I vote for a forum.
> > As I mentioned before, I'd be willing to install/administer it if
someone is
> > willing to provide a place to host it.
>
> However, most of us aren't willing to use it - if your email client
> doesn't provide the same facilities as a forum then it's time to seriously
> think about changing your email client to one that does.

I'd say most ARE willing to use.  Even if you have the best email client in
the world you still have to continously download tons of messages and have
disk space to archieve them.  If you switch between a lot of PCs as I do
(and I'm sure many others) you have to setup many email clients, you don't
know where one PC left off and where the threads start on the other PC etc.
I use the list because it's all we have.  I'd love a forum like KnoppMyth
uses.  That exact style board is very nice.