[mythtv-users] Xbox support?

Spencer Jason E CONT DLVA SpencerJE at NSWC.NAVY.MIL
Tue Feb 10 09:09:52 EST 2004

> Hey all,
>
> I'm interested in picking up a couple Xbox'es as Mythfrontend
> boxes, but I
> can't find a definitive listing of exactly what is and is not
> supported on
> them. Just got a couple questions:
>
> 1) Can you use any remote with it, even if you have not
> purchased the DVD kit?

   Well you need some sort of IR receiver.  I personally bought
the DVD remote kit before I found mythtv, so that is what I use.
The xbox remote works fine or you can use a universal remote
with the xbox ir dongle. I'm currently using the All for One 8810w ($19
walmart)
JP1 remote with my xbox.  Just program the remote with the RCA
DVD code.