[mythtv-users] PPV.pl & General Question about (unknown) chans

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Tue Feb 10 08:56:18 EST 2004

Anthony wrote:

>Are there any options in the Myth frontend that I’ve missed that could allow me to hide certain channels if EPG data doesn’t exist for them? Even though its 100% cosmetic, I hate seeing all those empty slots for channels that I don’t have data for or aren’t in use on DirecTV (these channels can vary from week to week).

In the next release (or current CVS) you will be able to mark a channel
as hidden so it doesn't show up in the EPG.   You can edit your xmltv
config and add "not" in front of the channels you don't want to pull
information from, then delete them from the channel database if you
REALLY want to get rid of them now.