[mythtv-users] LiveTV works great, recordings are jerky

Tony Maro tony at maro.net
Tue Feb 10 00:16:01 EST 2004

Helge Grimm wrote:

> Again, LiveTV works perfectly (not one single "prebuffering pause"),
> although the computer records and plays at the same time. Playback of
> any recording is extremely choppy.

Check your settings.  LiveTV uses a different recording profile from
default recordings.  Perhaps you want to make the "default" profile
match the settings in the "livetv" (if you don't mind the extra HD
space)  Fiddle with it  - I wasn't happy with my settings for 3 days
after installing, and I think I changed it every hour... lol

-Tony