[mythtv-users] Recording two programs back to back

Kyle Kelly kyle at kylekelly.com
Mon Feb 9 21:43:40 EST 2004

Isaac Richards wrote:

>On Monday 09 February 2004 10:53 am, jrlowry376 at adelphia.net wrote:
>

>>I'm having a problem recording two programs back-to-back.
>>The first program records without a problem the second program starts to
>>record and stops about 10-30 minutes later. The mythbackend log shows no
>>issues when the second recording dies. Both shows are on the same channel.
>>

>Check your syslog -- you'll see an error from the ivtv driver, and that is the
>cause of your problem.
>
>Isaac

I'm having this exact same problem.  After recording and watching
LasVegas at the same time tonight, the o.c. was to be recorded and
watched.  I paused about 5minutes into the show for about 20minutes.
When I came back everything was fine, it was still recording.  About 38
minutes into the recording though it just stopped.  I've checked my
syslog and dmesg and both produce this error:

ivtv: giving up waiting for DMA pending clear

Does anyone else who has this problem get this error?

Its becoming quite frustrating, last week a show stopped recording
randomly 3 times, and required 3 backend restarts, which meant missing
quite a bit of the show.

It would be nice if we could figure this one out.