[mythtv-users] directions for a micro-ATX mobo+VGA

Franco net.surfer at tiscali.it
Mon Feb 9 19:27:44 EST 2004

I am oriented to buy a micro-ATX motherboard with on-board VGA.

Could anybody suggest some micro-ATX motherboard which has
four PCI slots (NO AGP slot) and an on-board VGA which would
be well supported under Linux and would give good results with Mythtv ?
I've already searched a bit on ASUS site with no luck.

BTW, I already have a similar thing (a no-name board with
4 PCI slots and on-board Intel 845 GL) which I am using for
preliminary test of the components I am buying.

I have to say that I had great enjoyment watching DVD movies on it;
I'm really happy with it; should I expect a GeForce4 MX (or any
other chip you'd suggest me) to add any benefit over the 845 GL ?
Which kind of benefit?

Thank you,
Franco