[mythtv-users] The ideal video card for MythTV

Andrew Hogue hogue at cs.yorku.ca
Mon Feb 9 09:27:58 EST 2004

Hi,

> The GeForce4
> MX440 seems like a good bet, however I'm worried about picture quality and
> fan noise.

I'm using an MSI GeForce4 MX440 and have no complaints.  The picture
quality is good.  I think the most important factor about distinguishing
it from your TV is not just the video card but the tv-tuner that you are
using.

The GF4 is quiet.  It doesn't have a fan on it so it makes no sound at
all.  I've been running constantly for over 2 months now with no troubles.

-- Andrew