[mythtv-users] M179 audio issues

Kristo Kriechbaum klk+myth at robotics.caltech.edu
Mon Feb 9 02:26:46 EST 2004

I am having 2 different audio issues with my M179 card.  I have video
coming in on the composite connector, and audio in via the headphone
jack.  I can capture video just great from the command line (cat
/dev/video0 > /tmp/test.mpg), and it plays back with no problem.

problem 1: The audio has a slight static/crackling in it when I play
the captured test.mpg back.  Not a huge deal but annoying.

problem 2: When I try to use the card to watch tv in myth, the only
sound I get is completely static.  I have tried to run 'setup', go
into capture cards, select [MPEG:/dev/video0], and set the Audio
device to (none).  Once I exit and go back in to make sure the changes
stuck, Audio device is set do /dev/dsp56k.

One other separate (maybe?) but odd thing is if I go into
mythfrontend->setup->TvSettings->Recording Profiles and select MPEG 2
Encoders, it doesn't show any profiles at all.  If I go ahead and hit
enter again, it takes me to a profile with an empty name that i can't
change.  I can change other settings for the profile, but they are
_not_ saved.

Pertinent system info:
myth 0.14-58 from atrpms
ivtv-0.1.9-24 from atrpms
ivtv-firmware-17_21288 from atrpms
Avermedia m179
ATI TV-wonder ve

I searched around the archives but couldn't find anything.  Thanks in
advance for any help :-)

Kristo