[mythtv-users] nuv patch for videolan for streaming server?

Robert Rozman rozman at fri.uni-lj.si
Sun Feb 8 09:29:39 EST 2004

Hi,

I don't know if this will be of any help, but:

- I can open nuv files (made from PVR350) without any problems with vlc (I
guess problems are in other formats)
- I remember small trick to server files through web to vlc client. You just
have to make "playlist" file  of certain type (it includes only full web
address of file) and then associate vlc client with that type of file and
voila - you click it on and get it played in vlc (you can also navigate
through file).

you could also make real streaming system with starting additional vlc at
the server to stream to multicast for instance but in smaller network I
doubt it will be any better solution as previous (plain Apache with vlc as
client).

HTH,

Robert.