[mythtv-users] MythTv booting

Jeremy Hanmer jeremy at hq.newdream.net
Mon Feb 9 00:33:39 EST 2004

On Sun, 2004-02-08 at 21:06, Dustin Hunter wrote:
> Frankly, I haven't found any that I like, or that will give me a nice
> interface via my tv and support for remote controls (not to mention a
> community behind it). I would have to say that 99% of the
> projects/software I see out there is aimed for streaming video.
>
> Oh, and I think MythGames and MythDvd is pretty cool too.
>
> Do you have any recommendations that I can take a look at?

None of what you're looking for has anything to do with MythTV.  For
power-off, you'll probably want to check out the acpid docs (assuming
your hardware sends an acpi signal when you hit the power button).  As
far as quick booting goes, I'd suggest checking out a distribution like
Gentoo that supports parallel startup scripts and starts you out with a
very minimal installation.