[mythtv-users] Need a clue...

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Sun Feb 8 20:16:58 EST 2004

Brian O'Reilly wrote:
> I have been using mythtv for a couple of months now, and I really love the
> features. I have recently acquired an ATI Radeon 7000 card with one VGA
> connector, and one SVIDEO connector. I've been fighting with the damn thing
> to get it to display on the television and the screen (even in mirrored mode)
> with the accelerated driver from the gatos project.

"Accelerated"! Ooooh, aaaaaah! ;-) That's a new variation on
needing the more goodlier, specialified, magic GATOS version.

You need to check out the ati.2 branch tagged "devel". If you
do it will contain the code for tv-out and it will just plain
work. If you get any other GATOS code characterized anyway
imagineable, it will not contain the code for TV-out and will
not work.

> As this card is a pretty
> common device in the 'inexpensive' category, I thought asking you folks would
> garner some advice from somebody with experience on this kind of hardware
> setup. I have read through almost all of the docs online that seemed relevant
> to ATI vid cards vis-a-vis X, but haven't had any joy yet. If one of you has
> an XF86Config-4 file that works for this kind of use, I'd greatly appreciate
> it.

But you missed the advice above posted many, many times to
this list =).

--  bjm