[mythtv-users] Myth 0.14 - Version 1.0??

steve at nexusuk.org steve at nexusuk.org
Sun Feb 8 18:51:20 EST 2004

On Sun, 8 Feb 2004, Andrew Dodd wrote:

> I don't use my 350s TV-out currently, and had no immediate plans to use it.  But
> I bought it "just in case".  I do use the FM functionality though.  (the 250
> doesn't have FM)

Am I right in thinking that you can't use the FM at the same time as
encoding TV?

> MPEG2/4 playback isn't that CPU intense at sane resolutions (i.e. not 1080i HD)

I think this depends on the VGA card to some extent - when playing through
my S3 ProSavage, X will sit there sucking up 10% of my CPU time even
though it's doing XV.  Whereas I've seen systems running nVidia cards
where X is using practically no CPU during playback.

--

 - Steve                                             http://www.nexusuk.org/