[mythtv-users] Myth 0.14 - Version 1.0??

steve at nexusuk.org steve at nexusuk.org
Sun Feb 8 15:14:33 EST 2004

On Sun, 8 Feb 2004, Michael Starks wrote:

> I'd say not yet.  Although the features are very polished, it has a bit
> to go in the area of stability.  0.14 has improved this but I still get
> lockups and other weird problems routinely.  I know it's not just me,
> since other people report similar things.  Great project and I'm willing
> to stick with it while it matures.

Has anyone noticed that 0.14 sometimes seems to suck up more CPU time than
0.13 (MPEG4 encoding from an bttv card)?  I made the fatal mistake of
upgrading my kernel and MYth at the same time so I don't know which is to
blame, but I occasionally get dropped frames when watching and recording
at the same time now, which I didn't get with 0.13.

--

 - Steve                                             http://www.nexusuk.org/