[mythtv-users] VCR Plus ("ShowView")

Torsten Rupp torsten.rupp at gmx.net
Sun Feb 8 10:53:19 EST 2004

Dear MythTV-users and developers,

1)

Maybe this question is not new, but upto now I did not found any hint in the
mailing list to it:

Using the EPG database for scheduling records is nice. But because some
program is needed to fill the database regularly from a source e. g. in the
internet this is some additional work. In Germany the VCR Plus programming
system (called "ShowView") is very popular for standard video recorders.
Because the VRC Plus/ShowView numbers are printed in all TV magazines it
would be very convenient to be able to use this system in MythTV, too
(additional to the EPG!). So, I just looked in the internet how this could
be done and I found some sources describing the decoding of the VRC Plus/
ShowView numbers. Unfortunatelly not all numbers can be decoded, but at least
most of it. Thus, I have the following idea for a feature:

What about to integrate a field in the manual recording menu for entering VCR
Plus/ShowView numbers?

If needed (and I find some free time to do it), I can adapt one of the
decoding sources to be usable in MythTV (e. g. a C-function which get a String
and return the recording settings if decoding is possible). Would there
someone who is able to make the needed modifications in the recording menu?

2)

Some other thing about recording: it seems currently it is possible to record
daily, but no e.g. from Monday to Friday. Also is seems the recording is only
done if the EPG database contain enough data. Is it possible to program a
recording e.g. from Mo-Fr only and without any EPG data available? For series
this would be nice, e. g. in Germany there are some which are transmitted
from Monday to Friday only.

Some input field in the manual recording menu would be nice for this, too.

Bye,

Torsten