[mythtv-users] Tha Nabjac - A complete frontend

Freddy Sørensen freddy at nikolime.dk
Sun Feb 8 06:17:28 EST 2004

I have developed a small low-cost IP set-top-box, called a Nabjac. It is
actually so small, that the hardware is integrated into a male SCART plug!
As the Nabjac is very small, it can easily be attached to all TV’s around
the home. Each Nabjac is connected to a multipoint streaming server via
standard 100Mbit/s Ethernet.

You can see a picture of the Nabjac at http://www.nabjac.com

Specs:
* High quality: RGB video, analogue and digital audio (optical SPDIF).
* Video decoder: MPEG1 and MPEG2
* Audio decoder: MPEG1, MPEG2, MP3 and PCM
* Low power consumption (3W) and no noise.
* Nabjac = Not a box – just a connector
* Protocol: UDP (with retransmission)
* GUI: Remote from the server, sent as a compressed bitmap (like VNC)

After an article in this months issue of the Norwegian magazine ‘Lyd og
Billede’ (Sound & Picture), I have received a lot of emails from
Scandinavian MythTV users, asking for where to buy the Nabjac. If there is
an interest from other MythTV users, I will set-up a production and a small
WEB shop. The price will be 105 EURO + VAT (incl. Remote, IR-eye and
power-supply). Please drop me an email if you are interested.

Freddy Sørensen
freddy at nabjac.com