[mythtv-users] PVR-250 no audio out

Justin Whitney ripple at wpi.edu
Sun Feb 8 05:54:27 EST 2004

I have a fully working PVR-250 - mythtv will record a perfect stream
from it and write it to its ringbuffer - a stream which I can then play
back with mplayer to either an spdif (alsa) or /dev/dsp (oss emu.).  But
no matter what I try mythtv will not produce any audio output when I try
to watch tv - either using alsa or oss ("ALSA:iec958" or "/dev/dsp" as
output in the frontend config).

according to posts to this thread: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/
archive/MythTV_C2/Users_F11/PVR-250_audio_wire_P97330/ I shouldn't need
to run any wires and can use the cap'd stream audio source as input.
Does anyone have the same config (pvr-250) working minus the wires, and
can you report your settings if so?  What do you use as an audio in
source in the configs?

I'm running with the latest cvs.  everything can be confirmed working
with other apps minus this one thing.

--Justin