[mythtv-users] Help me size next cpu, Athlon 2800+ MP enough for high quality/filters?

D Banerjee davatar at comcast.net
Sun Feb 8 01:40:20 EST 2004

I really want to get a board with 64/66 pci or at least integrated gigabit,
which means getting an Intel CSA board or waiting for the nforce3 250.

Right now I'm looking at a gigabyte 760mpx board with two Athlon MP 2800+'s.

Will one cpu comfortably record at 720x480 or 640x480 with both High quality
and 4MV on at 2200kbits and denoise3D filter? Anyone running anything
similar? Remember this cpu runs at 2.083 Ghz with 512k cache, BUT only
266Mhz bus. Barton core.

Has anyone tried filters on an smp rig yet? Does any cpu usage migrate to
the other cpu?

Perhaps I should just wait for the nforce3 250, since (I hope) cpu usage
won't even be an issue for anything NTSC.

Thanks,
Debabrata