[mythtv-users] Re:Duplicate episodes being recorded

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sat Feb 7 21:34:21 EST 2004

> Tony Maro wrote, On 2/7/2004 11:08 AM:
> >
> > So I guess the matching is apparently set to not detect a duplicate if
> > the description field is blank, even if a subtitle is present?
>
> This is how I have seen MythTV work.
>
> -Dave

This issue was resolved in CVS as of a few days ago.  You can now tell Myth
to match on empty fields, so if it sees 2 shows with the same title and
subtitle but empty description it will assume they are duplicates.  Same
goes for identical title and description but empty subtitle.  Also for
identical title but emtpy subtitle and description.  If subtitle or
description may be empty, you can now tell Myth to match empties instead
of assuming empty means unique.

--

Chris