[mythtv-users] converting nuv files to vob?

Will Dormann wd at pobox.com
Sat Feb 7 18:54:51 EST 2004

At 03:28 PM 2/7/2004 -0800, you wrote:
>Does this mean that if I network my myth box and
>set up a share w/my Win XP PC (which has a DVD
>Burner) all I have to do is rename the xxx.nuv
>file to xxx.mpg and then burn the program onto a
>DVD?  It would certainly make my life much easier
>not having to move the DVD burner (or having to
>buy another one).

yeah, that should work, assuming your DVD authoring software accepts the
MPEG2 format.   Some programs prefer to work with elementary streams, so
they might need to be demultiplexed.

Also, in NTSC land, MPEG2 audio isn't a requirement for DVD players.    I
choose to make my discs with AC3 audio for this reason.

-WD