[mythtv-users] No Sound with PVR350

Timo Boettcher spida at gmx.net
Sat Feb 7 07:21:51 EST 2004

Hi,

  I have just installed mythtv and got most of it running.
  One of the problems I still have is that I have no sound when
  watching or recording TV. However, when I use mythmusic or play a
  vcd or dvd, I have sound. Even when I don't start mythfrontend and
  do
     test_ioctl -u 0xff                    #PAL
     test_ioctl -p 4                       #TUNER
     test_ioctl -f width=720,height=576    #PAL Resolution
     ptune.pl -f europe-pal E3             #Channel
     cat /dev/video0 > /somwhere/test.mpeg
  the saved video contains audio. When I then start mythbackend, the
  cannel switches to myths default channel (how can I change that
  default?), I still can see video, but there is no audio anymore.
  What did I do wrong?

 Timo