[mythtv-users] Serial link - how ?

Jon Waite jon at jonwaite.com
Sat Feb 7 06:08:17 EST 2004

Bit of an update...

...snip...
> > I have 2 Sky digital decoders in the house, one is a Pace DSR620-GM
> > the other is a Motorola DTH320-4
...snip...

I finally got around to building the advanced serial port receiver from the
circuit on lirc.org today, and it works wonderfully. I've recorded profiles
for the remotes for both these boxes and mailed them to the lirc people so
they should appear in the configs archive soon. (If anyone needs them in the
meantime feel free to mail me).

So if anyone else is trying to use the New Zealand Sky Digital remotes with
MythTV, or transmit the IR codes to these decoders in NZ you should be able
to use these if you have either the Pace or Motorola boxes. (I think the
only other type in common usage is a Zenith decoder, but I have no access to
one of these).