[mythtv-users] Pundit - which Linux dist., how about 2 PVRs?

Alwin Peters alwinpeters at chello.nl
Fri Feb 6 15:05:56 EST 2004

Fedora Core 1 runs fine.

The mythtv Installation done with Jarod's guide. (Very good)

The tv-out quality of the pundit is disappointing.
You're not going to like that. So use the 350-tvout for playback.

But... using the Pundit for 2 PVR cards, is not a good idea.
I had lots of troubles to get 1 PVR 350 inside.
To get two of them inside, serious case-modding is needed.

I've made some pictures from the assembly of my Pundit.
Maybe I can post them somewhere.

More damage to the case, while screwing the harddisk and dvd-drive in:
The led on the front-panel popped outside (not broken, but still..)

There is just not a spare inch left anywhere in the case.

Thanks to the PVR350 encoding/decoding my CPU-load is never above the
20%.
With Q-fan enabled this might even work for in the living room.
(I've mine in the back of the living room, can't hear it while watching
TV)

Good luck!