[mythtv-users] PVR350 video out very slow (Nvidia way better)

Torsten Schenkel torsten.schenkel at web.de
Fri Feb 6 13:40:26 EST 2004

Am Fr, den 06.02.2004 schrieb Emmanuel Hislen um 18:02:
> I believe I did check this box. Hard to say it is outside the screen when
> using the tv-out of the 350 :-(
>
> But when I clicked it another menu appeared about /dev/video16, si I believe
> I did click it.
>
> I'll double check again :-)

OK, I'll summarize:

- You have X up and running on the pvr's tv-out

So your fbx and pci settings are correct, otherwise your X would bail
out

- You have the checkbox set to use the pvr's tv-out, otherwise you
wouldn't see the /dev/video16 field, as you stated you do.

- Still Myth doesn't use the pvr's decoder, but tries to display the
video on the framebuffer

Did you test the pvr with the dd test? Does /dev/video16 exist. Does the
ivtv bind to some other device? It's always /dev/video[X] for input and
/dev/video[X+16] for output. So maybe you got the wrong device?

Torsten
--
Walkthrough: MythTV on Epia with PVR350 using Debian:
http://www-isl.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de/~hi93/myth/mythtv_debian_epia_pvr350_walkthrough