[mythtv-users] PVR350 video out very slow (Nvidia way better)

Emmanuel Hislen hislen at mindspring.com
Fri Feb 6 11:58:57 EST 2004

Well a PVR350 is a PVR350, so the only "customizable" things in that file
are the fbN and the busID.

Yes I did set them to correct values (I would not habe an image otherwise
:-).

Regarding the X11 thread you pointed out I do not think this is the same
issue.
For one my CPU is not hosed at all, not one process is taking more than 1%
of CPU in "top".

I did follow the ivtv wiki but found it had some limitations. I mean having
installed with FC1 and ATrpms with Jarod's guide, I could not do the
following:

ivtvfbctl /dev/fb0 -noglobalalpha -localalpha

The file ivtvfbctl not being anywhere on my machine.

I did also follow the instructions in the list, and looking at them as well
as at the wiki again I realize I do not have the following in modules.conf:

post-install ivtv /usr/local/bin/test_ioctl -d /dev/video0 -u 0x3000
post-install ivtv /usr/local/bin/test_ioctl -d /dev/video16 -u 0x3000
post-install ivtv /usr/local/bin/test_ioctl -d /dev/video32 -u 0x3000
post-install ivtv /usr/local/bin/test_ioctl -d /dev/video224 -u 0x3000

I'll try with those...

Thanks,

Emmanuel.