[mythtv-users] avidemux2 (way, way OT)

Harry Orenstein ho_9 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 6 09:39:29 EST 2004

>From: Chris Delis <cedelis at uillinois.edu>
>To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] avidemux2 (way, way OT)
>Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 01:14:13 -0600
>
>On Fri, Feb 06, 2004 at 12:35:23AM -0600, Chris Delis wrote:
> > On Thu, Feb 05, 2004 at 10:55:12PM -0500, Harry Orenstein wrote:
> > > There have been several mentions of avidemux2 on
> > > the list and I was wondering if anyone could answer
> > > this question for me: how do I get M2VRequant
> > > working?  I have downloaded the source but I am not
> >
> > Where exactly is m2vrequant?  I can't find it anywhere.  Thanks.
>
>Following up on my own post, sorry :-)
>Are you talking about this tool:
>http://www.rejig.org/downloads/M2VRequantizer.tgz
>(referenced on page: http://www.rejig.org/history.asp)
>
>????
>
>If so, then to build it you can do:
>
>tar zxvf M2VRequantizer.tgz
>cd M2VRequantizer
>gcc -o m2vrequant main.c -lm
>

> > > exactly a Linux (or even Unix) guru.  If there isn't a
> > > Makefile (and there isn't) I'm lost.
> > >
> > > Any help would be greatly appreciated.  TIA!!
> > >

> > > -- Harry O.

Chris,

Thanks for the reply.  Actually, I got it from:

http://www.metakine.com/files/M2VRequantiser.tgz

(which I believe is the developer's site)

I will try your suggested build instructions when I am back
at my Linux box.  I think there may be some differences
between the version you found and the one I am trying
to use.  If you get a chance to look at the site above
let me know if that changes your mind about the build
command.  If I have any problem I will post again.

Again, thanks for the help!

-- Harry O.