[mythtv-users] Problem with lirc - Please help !!!

Mike Kreitz kreitz_list at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 6 08:14:25 EST 2004

I cannot get lirc working.  The service starts ok, but
when I run
$usr/bin/irw, nothing happens. (I have verified that
the file is there)

This is what I get when I check the service:
/sbin/service lircd status
lirc dead but sybsys locked

I was using Jarod's guide and when I went to install
it, I noticed that there
is a different version of ivtv.  It is now 0.1.9.

I have added all the lines to the modules.conf file.
A copy is listed below.

Does anyone have any ideas on what to try next?  I am
using the grey remote that came with the pvr250.

Thanks in advance

Mike

 path[toplevel]=/lib/modules/`uname -r`/updates
# default path
path[toplevel]=/lib/modules/`uname -r`
alias char-major-61 lirc_i2c
# ivtv modules setup
alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
options ivtv debug=1
options tuner type=2
options msp3400 once=1 simple=1
add below ivtv msp3400 saa7115 tuner
add above ivtv lirc_dev lirc_i2c
#end of ivtv modules setup
alias eth0 3c59x
alias usb-controller usb-uhci
# ALSA portion
alias char-major-116 snd
alias snd-card-0 snd-ens1370
# module options should go here

# OSS/Free portion
alias char-major-14 soundcore
# card #1
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-os
# Save & restore settings
post-install snd-card-0 /usr/sbin/alsactl restore
>/dev/null 2>&1 || :
pre-remove snd-card-0 /usr/sbin/alsactl store
>/dev/null 2>&1 || :

# --- BEGIN: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---
# --- ALSACONF verion 1.0.2 ---
alias char-major-116 snd
alias char-major-14 soundcore
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss
alias snd-card-0 snd-ens1370
# --- END: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---

alias sound-slot-0 es1370
post-install sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f
/etc/.aumixrc -L >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
pre-remove sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f
/etc/.aumixrc -S >/dev/null 2>&1 || :