Fwd: [mythtv-users] native lirc still not working in Myth - works on command line.

malcolm-mythtv mythtv at lds.dyndns.org
Thu Feb 5 20:46:58 EST 2004

Hi,

Still can't get my native lirc to work in Myth 0.14.

I downloaded, compiled, installed lirc-0.7.0pre2 and patched it with
http://delvare.nerim.net/i2c/other/lirc-CVS-i2c-2.8.0.patch per the
Documentation at http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-22.html#ss22.2

insmod lirc_i2c
insmod lirc_dev (both insert without errors).

/usr/local/sbin/lircd (fires up the daemon with no errors).

I then type "irw" to test and it echos to the screen just fine which keys I'm
pressing.  This leads me to believe my LIRC is working?

I edited settings.pro in the myth source and commented out the two lines
related LIRC
CONFIG += using_lirc
LIRC_LIBS = -llirc_client

Compiled and installed Myth.  However when I fire up mythfrontend I get this:

[root at mythtv malcolm]# mythfrontend
2004-02-05 19:31:08 mythfrontend version: 0.14.20040123-1 www.mythtv.org
2004-02-05 19:31:08 Enabled verbose msgs : important general
mythtv: could not connect to socket
mythtv: No such file or directory
lirc_init failed for mythtv, see preceding messages
2004-02-05 19:31:08 Registering Internal as a media playback plugin.

Notice the two error lines (mythtv: could not connect to socket, mythtv: No
such file or directory).

I've searched /var/log/messages /var/log/lirc and /var/log/dmesg.  Searched
the archeves.  I'm lost.

Why does my remote not work in Myth?

Thanks
Malcolm